keskiviikko 27. toukokuuta 2015

But you must come back to London city

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
 Samuel Johnson

My time in London ended yesterday as I had to take a flight back to Finland with a heavy mind and leave everything behind. I can't say many things what have ever felt harder than leaving London, seriously. I know I'm going to miss it all more than I want to admit. I'm going to miss the strangers who came to talk with me in the streets, the people at work who ran to hug me in the morning, the bright lights of the night in the city. Everything.

My last weeks at work were good, everyone was so nice and I ended up taking two tours as I was able to take any tour in England for free. The first tour took me to Leed's Castle, Dover, Canterbury and Greenwich, which all were totally worth visiting for. I can especially recommend seeing Leed's Castle if you are into historical places and Dover for seeing the beauty of the sea and the white cliffs. The other tour was for Warwick Castle, Stratford, Oxford and Costswolds, which I liked at least as much as the other one. I will never stop admiring how pretty the cities in England are, especially the old architecture is amazing.

I didn't have my camera with me on either of the tours because I ran out of the battery (of course) and I forgot to take my charger, but I have a few pics from earlier days:


















Overall the time has passed too fast and I feel like I was there only for two weeks, not two months. I could have continued with this kinda work a lot longer, it was so interesting to meet different people from all around the world every day and take the responsibility of making their day in London a great experience. I think I will be working in tourism in the future again, because this has shown me a whole new world.

Now it's time to hope that I can cope being in Finland again, so thanks for reading and if you are wondering about going to work abroad - do it! It could be one of the best experiences you've ever had before.

- Tiia



Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti