maanantai 6. huhtikuuta 2015

Please mind the gap between the train and the platform

So, now the work has started and I moved to the permanent place on Saturday. The first week was full of new stuff to learn and it was quite busy, but I'm glad that I have had a chance to get to know so many different things already, it's just great. The weather has been rather cold and I have been feeling like the Finland's bad weather followed me here, but today it was really warm and I hope it stays this way now.

I'm working in a big coach tour company who offers a bunch of tours around London, England and Paris. After one day of training I got to know that I will be assisting in one tour what takes place in London. So if I'm not in the office (where I make reservations), I'll be in the open-top bus tour. It's kind of interesting as the mornings are all chaos in the coach station until all the buses are filled with people and they are ready to go. The bus ride itself is rather peaceful as I'm taking care of the audio guidance and the rest is just walking to the different destinations, having a Thames river cruise and keeping the people together in the group. That can sometimes be really hard if there are like 40 people and you are in the middle of the crowd where they can disappear very easily. So shortly that's how my days pass by, being in a bus tour twice a day and helping the customers with anything they have in mind. I like this kind of job more than the office work, it's so much better to actually be around London and see things/communicate with the people than only sit in front of the computer all the time. And the really useful part is also that I will talk a lot in English every day and I have already noticed within one week that how much better my spelling is getting, yay.


A pic of the scenery I see every day during the tour

Also I'm glad to be in this new area, Southwark, which is a lot closer to both the office and the coach station. I can go to the coach station by bus and I think it's nice because using the underground usually takes a lot more time as you have to walk in the stations, change the train and all, not to mention that I don't even have any underground stations near enough to use. I used underground a lot during the past week and now I'm gladly sticking with the busses. To mention something about my new room, I have to say that I liked the last one better because I saw outside to the road from there and it was more cozy, but this is okay.

Rainbow kisses and unicorn stickers to everyone from Paddington

Though always when there are good things, there surely will be something bad too. I haven't faced many problems yet, except that my phone broke on Wednesday. I have no idea what happened to it, but it just shut down and never woke up again. I tried everything, but it's all dead. Unfortunately, I need a phone all the time at work as I have to arrange things with the office while being on a tour, I had to buy a new one. It's a horrible old Nokia without a touch screen, so I feel like I'm back in the 90's with this level of technology, haha.

I don't have much anything else to write right now, I just wish this week will be interesting and I'll spot some new places to visit!


- Tiia


1 kommentti:

  1. Hienoa Tiia! Otsikko oli varmasti ensimmäinen Lontoossa oppimani lause :)

    VastaaPoista